Monday, December 3, 2012

Proof is in the Pudding

I thought I would get down a few words tonight and share some of the details of what is going on here in my life.  I usually try to have some sort of "Recovery" base to my entries but tonight that is not the case.  Maybe that is the proof in the pudding. What I mean by that is that tonight I don't have a whole lot pressing on my soul that I need to put into some profound words. Maybe, what I have learned is working.  After all, I am sober!  Tonight, even though things are a bit crazy, I am pretty happy with everything.  The other night at my home group birthday celebration I shared that a year ago I would not have been able to be a business owner or any where near it and last week I obtained a silent partner and funding so I am pretty stoked about this new adventure.  The new website is slowly getting under construction and I cannot wait to to see it.  I am sure it will be a lesson in patience, but I it will also be a lot of fun.  I have also started back to working on a collection of short stories that hopefully will be published into a book one day.  It is also a pretty great feeling to finally start making a dent in some of this debt so I can get my ass back in school in June.  The local university has a great English department and a professional writing minor that looks awesome.  It will be great to see how I do in school sober.  That has not happened since high school.  I am determined to get my degree even if it takes 30 years.  Hell it might end up close to that since I started my higher learning journey in 1992.  I have also come to the realization that I no longer  want to work in any corporate environment.  The bullshit, dishonesty, and flat out shenanigans just don't really mesh with this new life I have built for myself.  Hopefully I will be able to put a POSITIVE end to that part of my life here before too long.  I def think working for my self is the way to go.  Hell if I never wear a suit ever again it will be too soon.  Now lets talk about getting ready for my baby niece's first Christmas.  I am so excited about this even if she does not understand.  Watching her grow has been such a wonderful blessing,  and with that being said, I have taken moving out of Atlanta off the table for now.  There are too many things I would miss being away from her in these young years.  Hell I might even meet a woman here that loves the Grateful Dead and is not full of shit!  HA HA!  Who knows!  Well I hope this finds everyone well and happy on this first Monday in December.  Remember to be good.  Santa's elves are watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment