Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Love pt. 3

I was talking to a great friend of mine last night about the mistakes I have made in the past, especially the ones in my relationship.  He pointed out something that he thought was a mistake, and this had me thinking all day...  I am a very emotionally open person.  I have never been one to hold things in.  I will definitely tell you what I think and how I feel, good or bad.  I am a grown man that is not afraid to tell you how I really feel.  So my buddy posed the fact that maybe I told my ex that I loved her too much.  Having just turned 38, and being a long way from 16, this turned my stomach a little bit.  Why?  Well because if he thinks this then other people might think it too.  I grew up in a very loving and affectionate home.  My parents always told my sister and I as well as each other, I Love You...  This still happens multiple times a day.  This is where I learned to be a loving mate.  I learned here that it is important to always be affectionate and to always tell your better half how important, special, kind, smart, funny and wonderful they are...  Why would you not? Maybe it is cooler to be a cheater and to laugh about your friends being unfaithful to their mates.   The outside world is loveless, for a lack of better terms.  So why would I not want the woman I love to know every day how special and amazing I think she is.  Why would I not want her to believe in those feelings I have for her by holding her hand, sending her flowers, or even buying her a cup of coffee via the internet.  Now she and I did discuss this at one point and she did say that I was affectionate in ways that no other man had been.  So when did this become a bad thing?  Is it so taboo to be truly and intimately in love with someone that showing that love is too much for people to handle?  Who on earth wants to be with anyone that cant or wont give that?  Maybe all that reading my parents made me do as a kid turned me into a hopeless romantic.  I dont know...  I do know that I am not going to change my ways.  I will remain a loving, kind, gentle, man that enjoys the sweet side of life.  Sure, I have mad mistakes and I can be a raging ass hole.  But this is not good for me or for you.  If my kindness, love, and affection is ever misconstrued for weakness, then I feel sorry for you.  It takes a real man to love and love hard.  I have fought hard to change my life.  I have changed to live, to love another day.  I have seen days that I would not share with my worst enemy...  They were that bad.  But I have come out on the other side to fill my life and my heart with the best in life.  A life full of love of the most romantic kind.  Any man that tells you he does not need romance, he is a liar.  At lease one over the age of 30 any ways.  So if you are to read this.  Go home, kiss your significant other.  Remember to show your gratitude with a little sweetness and honesty.  It will go a long way!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment