Friday, September 14, 2012

I Concede

The other day my therapist asked me if I was "willing" to finally let go of the girl and move on with my life.  She said then and only then will I be able to allow someone into my life that truly loves me for who I am.  Well after a little over two years, I am conceding.  You win honey.  For two years I have always been able to see the good in you and the great we could be but that was never enough for you to see past the bad in me.  So now I give in.  I will no longer fight for you and the love we once shared.  Today, September 14, 2012, ten months into my sobriety, I, Erin, surrender yet again.  I tried as hard as I could to give you the love and support that you needed, but in the end, you just did not want it.  I am very grateful that you are sober today, and I guess that was truly our purposes in each others lives.  I am going to leave you with a quote from an email I received from her back in June.

I only want to leave you with this:  No matter how horrible and toxic I have been for you and your happiness, I value our relationship and the connection that we had more than words.  I am forever grateful that you were here for me when I was close to losing everything to encourage and push me to make this change.  I most certainly would not have done it without you.  It is the greatest gift I have ever received. 
Take Care,
Brandi

Goodbye

Now I will reward myself with Widespread Panic tickets!

1 comment:

  1. I could have told you that mate and at half the price. Best news since I found out you were were seriously on the sober path! I've narrowed things down to one in my addition department as well! Be well,
    Brother jr

    ReplyDelete