Friday, September 28, 2012

Carrying the Message

So over the last week I have been looking at new ways to build my readership.  Especially free ones.  I have been looking at different discussion forums and such where like minded people might dwell...  I use to frequent the Widespread Panic discussion forum quite a bit so I figured this too would be a great place to test the waters.  I know there are a good bit of sober Panic fans so why not.  Well despite all the bashing I have taken over sharing about my sobriety in a heavily drug influenced arena, I have received several positive messages from complete strangers.  All of them we very appreciative of me telling my story and were surprisingly supportive.  All of them encouraged me to keep writing and to a few my words were inspirational.  Ill be honest it choked me up a bit today.

  I also had another person reach out to me on Facebook, a complete stranger, who found me through my blog.  It turns out we have mutual friends in Asheville.   All of which is too funny for more than one reason.   Anyways, he shared that he is newley in recovery.  This just proved to me that what I share here is exactly what I need to be doing.  I am very grateful for the opportunity to be of ANY service through my writing and maybe, just maybe, I can help someone to stop digging their hole at the bottom. 

So tonight this is my gratitude list.  Thank you all who have reached out to me in the last few days with your kind words...  You have helped me get through another 24 hours without a drink or a drug.  The love I received today from you is exactly what I needed. 

Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog. I really enjoy reading it. It's so good to have insight on what others are feeling and have experienced. I'm glad I found you and look forward to meeting you in person - hopefully soon. David from Asheville

    ReplyDelete