Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grateful

Just a quick gratitude entry here before I go to bed.  Heard a woman share tonight about a friend relapsing after eight years. As much as I hate hearing this about someone, I need to hear it.  I need to remember how bad that last drunk was for me.  So tonight I am so grateful for my sobriety tonight.  I am very grateful for twelve step programs  that are there to help me and others like me.  I will surely die if I do not remain sober.  I am also grateful for the friends and support I have met in the rooms.  I am grateful for my health and my wonderful family.  I am grateful for the opportunity to go back to school and finish my degree.  I am grateful for a new friend that helped point me in the direction of where I want to move my life to next.  I am grateful for her love of music... I am grateful for little Addie who brings me so much joy every day.  She makes me thank God for the life that I have.  I am so blessed to have that little nugget in my life.  I am so grateful for the friends that have stuck beside me and that did not judge me or abandon me while I changed my life.  I am grateful to have finally found a higher power of my understanding that watches over me and that helped me when I could not help myself.  I am grateful for all of you that have made this blog a huge success.  I am grateful for my life and how amazing it is! 

Oh and one more thing, I am grateful for Rock n Roll.  Go See Live Music!

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that you are sharing your gratitude here, in this fourm. Grateful to know i am not alone. Grateful to read print that flows like water, or music...that reverberates as truth, that soothes my soul. Thank you. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete