Sunday, January 22, 2012

                Another year has come and gone.  While I sit here in my parent’s living room late on Christmas Eve, I am listening to the smooth sounds of the 70’s and looking back at the year that has quickly come to an end.  This year’s trip home from Denver to Atlanta has been a little different from others.  I needed a break from the madness of being an obsessed social being.  It has been really nice spending some quiet quality time with the family and getting plenty of rest.  God knows I will need it to get ready for what lies ahead next week. 
                Looking back on the past year in Colorado I get a warm feeling  knowing I am right where I am suppose to be.  There was less travel this year and the school year did not end quite the way it started, but everything that I have experienced west of the mighty Mississippi has yielded lots of introspection and lessons learned.  I have seen an over abundance of fantastic music and have met some wonderful people that I am more than proud to call very close friends.  You all know who you are!  I am thankful for all of you!
                Just like the last twelve years I will be attending the NYE Widespread Panic shows.  This year the shows will be a little different in the fact that no one from my Atlanta family will be in attendance.  This has been on my mind and I was feeling a little stressed about this but the more I think about it I am welcoming the freedom to roam and see what happens.  It will be fun to go to the shows with some new folks and boogie.
                All of the above brings me to my Christmas wish.  It is funny what we wished for when we were young and the world was a simpler place.  After 36 years my Christmas wishes have varied quite a bit.  This year I am wishing for wisdom.   The wisdom to know when to run, when to stay and fight, and when to say I have had enough.  I wish for the wisdom to make the right choices in my life that will keep me happy, full and satisfied.  I wish for the wisdom that will guide my heart to be a more compassionate son a more loving brother and a stronger friend.  One can never be to wise.  So if you are reading this, take some time for yourself to think about your Christmas wish and what could guide you to be being the person you want to be.   You might be surprised what you will find.
Happy Holidays and Peace on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment