Sunday, January 22, 2012

        So this time last year is when my quest to begin writing on a serious level began.  Laying in bed in my parents house unable to sleep recalling the previous year of my life in Colorado.  Well here I am again up late sitting in my parents living room listening to music and reading some of the work if have written over the past year.  Wild and crazy would be the best way to describe the past year.  From meeting new friends that quickly became brothers and others that just well shall we say made me a little crazy.  Some friends have come and gone this year, one in particular came to Colorado to visit three times this year.  I cannot explain how much I trust him, but, then I really do not have to explain anything.  I was also lucky enough to get a visit from John Rand.  My best friend from my adolescence. After 23 years or so the guy has not changed one bit.
      This year was a bit more uneventful as far as the travelling than last year.  I did how ever make the drive from Denver to Las Vegas.  The drive is absolutely amazing. Well at least through Utah it is anyways.  It is truly amazing that there are still places in the United States that do not get cell coverage and if you break down it could be a while before you see another car.  I definitely plan on doing some exploring in western Colorado as well as Utah after the snow melts this next year.
     This year school for the most part went really well.  I should say spring semester went really well.  I was derailed a bit here this fall but I have found the track I was on and have dusted myself off and the train is moving again.  This spring I am taking a couple of different creative writing classes that I am really excited about.  Hopefully I can turn this obsession/hobby into a career.  This is ultimately the goal.  Now I just need to make myself sit down everyday and write.  This of course is easier said than done.  We will see what happens.  The future is wide open. 
      The words above bring me finally to my Christmas wish for this year.  After reading last years wish I do believe I will take a different route.  My wish this year will be a bit more selfish in that I will wish for the strength to change the things in my life that need to change.  The things I need to change I will keep to my self.  For those of you that know me know what these things are and for those of you that don't I guess you will just have to guess.  Hopefully with this strength I will make the changes in my life to make next years Christmas the way I thought this one was going to be.  I do apologize for be being so cryptic but there are somethings I have learned I must keep for myself.
     I hope all of you find the time to reflect on your own lives in the next few days and make your own wishes.  I also hope and pray that you all will get the time to spend with your loved ones.  I am very lucky and will appreciate every minute I have with mine while I am home in Atlanta.

Next Widespread Panic!

No comments:

Post a Comment